Netball championship gains momentum in Alotau

first_imgThe competition kicked off on Monday 21st September with the Junior Tournament competing in Under 13, Under 15, Under 17 and Under 21.Tournament director and senior vice president of Netball PNG, Helen Havora says they were privileged to have the Governor for Milne Bay, Titus Philemon who officially opened the games on Monday.  There are 40 technical officials and 40 umpires on the ground, 11 bench officials, six junior selectors and three tournament coordinators to ensure the competition runs smoothly and successfully.According to Helen, all teams have settled in well in terms of accommodation and transport and all ar loving the place with a welcoming environment and friendly gestures from the locals. She said the mini netball stadium has been packed to capacity since the games started with supporters coming in to watch.A total of six centres are participating in the Junior Tournaments which are Kavieng, Central, Kairuku-Hiri, Moita Koita West and Motu Koita South, Lae plus the host. There are 83 games for the Junior tournament of which 36 games have been played after day 2 yesterday and there are 47 more games to go before the grand finals this afternoon.According to Mrs Havora, the main focus of the championship is aimed on the selection of a strong U21 train on squad in preparation for the 2017 World Youth Championship in Botswana, Africa. She says so far a lot of good players in each of the divisions,  especially in U15 and U17, are displaying raw talent and are very competitive and challenging.She urged their coaches and trainers to continue to provide training and mentoring programs to these young players so they can become good and professional netballers.Meanwhile the senior tournament will kick off tomorrow with teams Kiunga, Tabubil and West New Britain arriving today to join the other teams that are already here. It will be a two days tournament for the seniors with the grand final on Friday evening. There are a total of 11 associations to compete in the senior tournament in divisions A, B and Masters.last_img read more

Tkatchenko: NRL& Digicel partnership will provide pathway

first_imgTkatchenko made this statement after the NRL and Digicel announced a three year partnership with the aim to use rugby league as a tool to educate and empower countries in the Pacific.“This partnership is the icing on the cake especially for the grassroots. It fills the missing link providing a pathway for the youth.“This has ticked all the boxes from the government and we are looking forward to more Papua New Guineans playing rugby league and understanding the game as well.“What this also does is educates, it gives the youth responsibilities, initiative, commitment, makes them healthier and brings the people together through a sport loved by all- rugby league,” said Tkatchenko.He went on to commend Digicel and NRL for the partnership which he says will guide the youth onto achieving their dreams of playing for the Kumuls and even in the NRL one day.last_img read more

The Alavés players, on their way through the hospitals of Vitoria

first_imgIt is already tradition that the players of the first team of Alavés visit the hospitals of the Basque capital on these dates. They are days close to the Magi and the kids enjoy the visit. In this case there have been Manu, Tachi, Borja, Joselu and Laguardia.The moment has been exciting after morning training. By basketball Baskonia (linked to the football club) Granger and Garino have been in charge of making the visit. Joselu it is one of the scorers, Manu and Laguardia are the first captains (apart from Pacheco) and Borja together with Tachi represent the young values. In short, the choice of the protagonists has been very successful. Meanwhile, all the work continues its course this week and the players still do not appear in 2020. The only protagonist before the match against Betis will be coach Asier Garitano. On Friday at 12:30, after training with open doors. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of January 2, 2020last_img read more

Trippier and Atleti as a springboard

first_imgAn aspiration that for the moment is being fulfilled, since Trippier has adapted perfectly to the style of Diego Pablo Simeone, where only one groin strain has taken him away from the ownership of the rojiblanco team, recently classified for the quarterfinals of the Champions League after heroically defeating Liverpool: “I didn’t want to come to the end of my career and regret not having gone. It’s a great change, a different culture, different types of football, but I love every minute and I hope my performances at Atlético can keep me on the England team. It is a great achievement to beat Liverpool. We had seen how difficult it had been for the teams to play at Anfield. We knew it was going to be difficult, but we believed as a team. “Trent Alexander-Arnold, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Kyle Walker … These are some of the names that it handles Gareth Southgate to try to win this summer, from the right wing, the first Euro Cup in the history of ‘los pross’. Yes the coronavirus allows it. Be the starting right back for England. This is the dream that you have Kieran Trippier. An ambitious wish where not to be part of the list that participated in The Final Four of the League of Nations played a decisive role in making the arduous decision of leave Britain to sign for Atlético de Madrid.“When I left Tottenham and I hadn’t been chosen for the Nations League last summer, I knew I had to play better. I’ve had a lot of conversations about this with the staff. I want to play at the highest level as long as I can to play. in England that is my goal there is no bigger moment for me than representing my country I just need to play well. There are around six right backs and they all play at the highest level. I just need to focus on myself, “says the player born in Bury in statements to the ‘Daily Mail’.last_img read more

Barça scored Plea against the losses of Suárez and Dembélé

first_imgMax Eberl, sports director of the Bundesliga history, entered into conversations with the Barcelona team. From Can Barça they came to offer up to 50 million euros for the services of the Gallic striker, but the Fohlen manager was not up to the task. Given the real possibility of getting into the Champions and taking into account the importance of Plea for the club’s aspirations, Eberl immediately rejected the offer. The timing of the contact, which took place shortly before the market closed, was one more factor against, as Gladbach could not have replaced Plea. Alassane Plea is one of the Bundesliga revelations. His eight goals and eight assists so far in the Bundesliga were key for Borussia Mönchengladbach to continue fighting to enter the Champions League. They have also caused the name of the French striker to appear on the agendas of the greats of Europe, as was the case of the Barcelona during the recent winter transfer market according to Sport Bild. Barça were looking for a substitute for Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé, both long-term casualties, and saw in Plea a most suitable replacement.last_img read more

Banega’s substitute, even more difficult for Monchi

first_imgEver Banega leaves when the season ends in Saudi Arabia and Sevilla removes the market in search of a substitute for guarantees for the Argentine, who has been the best brain of the team de Nervión during five of the last six campaigns. Banega conducted the nervionense orchestra in two of the three Europa Leagues in a row, those of 2015 and 2016, the latter year in which the Blanquirrojo club also played the Cup final.Éver already knew then that he was leaving for Inter Milan, where he only endured a few months before returning to Sánchez Pizjuán. Then came a quarterfinal of the Champions League and another cup final, in 2018. With Ever on the field, a very champion Seville has returned with many finals. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of April 3, 2020 But Banega leaves again, definitively, and Monchi looks for another man who knows how to handle the tempo with at least a good part of the quality of the rosarino. At home he already has Óliver Torres, who has shown skills as a good organizer, although not so far behind. “I am comfortable in that position, but let no one expect another Banega because I am Óliver. The substitute, yes, is already here at Sevilla,” says the Extremaduran.And in the portfolio is Olympique de Marseille’s Frenchman Maxime López, who has a slightly more defensive profile than Óliver and a youth, 22 years old, who make him a good investment for the future. He only has one contract campaign left in France and he sees the Seville interest with good eyes, which he intends to get out of there for around 8 million euros.last_img read more

Real Madrid preferred to sign Militao over De Ligt

first_imgMino Raiola has approached positions with Real Madrid and, with that movement, has started the machinery around his stars and the white club. Now the signings of Pogba and Haaland seem more feasible. And in recent weeks, another of its players has joined the roster of futures at the Bernabéu, Matthijs de Ligt (20 years old), a center-back who was ruled out by Éder Militao (22) a year ago. 4 The irruption of De Ligt, one of the Ajax banners that amazed in 2018-19 eliminating Madrid and reaching the semifinals in the Champions League, he raised a wave of praise and interest. Few were the elite teams that did not weigh their hiring, with special provision for the purchase of Barcelona and Juventus. Finally, he finished in Turin for 75 million plus 10.5 in variables, an impression figure. Before, De Ligt, who has not entered Juve correctly this year and ponders whether to leave, had been one of the options valued by Real Madrid to reinforce himself. However, as AS learned, the sports management chose Militao for availability, price and profile. His signing, given the club’s good relations with Porto and the lesser reputation of the defender, could be agreed much more quickly. He did not demand, as it would happen with the then central Ajax, wait for the season to advance and the bid that would be for De Ligt, which still was offered to the Bernabéu with Militao signed. The Brazilian cost 50 million, 25 less than the Dutch.Doubts with MilitaoIt had also been considered in the reports that Militao married more because of his physical and technical conditions. He looked like an ideal footballer for the style of Madrid: In addition to being versatile (he had been acting on the right side with Porto), improved in speed and ball output to De Ligt, what allowed to play with the most advanced line and to build better from behind.center_img 3 Militao, what I wasn’t convincing until the coronavirus stop, however, it has continued to progress these months with Brazil. It is a fixed in the calls of Tite and, although its performance has raised doubts, it maintains defenders in Madrid. The argument is that he is a footballer with conditions and international who simply has to be given adaptation time and minutes of play: Zidane, who had nothing to do with his arrival, has given him 992 (17th in the squad).last_img read more

The Women’s Champions League seeks a solution to its crossroads

first_imgBayern and Wolfsburg prepare in teamsAnd however, there can be the Glasgow, who doesn’t but know what’s going to occur to the Scottish League, and the English and German groups, with very totally different realities. Within the BundesligaWith two individuals in Champions League quarters (Bayern and Wolfsbugo), the groups have been figuring out in teams for a number of weeks with a view to a close to return to competitors. Whereas, the concept in England, which has a European quarterfinalist (Arsenal), is to resume the season in July. Within the absence of official affirmation, the groups plan to return to work within the coming weeks, though there are various doubts about how the coronavirus assessments can be paid for the gamers. On this sense, many are asking for a centralized financial fund, following within the footsteps of what has been achieved in Germany.Returning to the Spanish groups, a break of a number of weeks has been decided, whereas the ultimate verdict of the UEFA is thought. From Atleti and Barça, who face one another in quarters, they’ve transmitted to AS that all the pieces factors to the truth that, whether it is performed, the chosen date can be between the top of July and August. On this approach, it will give time to perform a preseason of a number of weeks to get in form to the playoffs, by which there can be a nice Spanish Traditional at stake. The ball won’t roll once more within the First Iberdrola, after the definitive suspension of the season, however Spanish ladies’s soccer nonetheless has one other card: the Champions. The European competitors was paralyzed by the coronavirus well being disaster when it walked by means of the quarterfinals, the place there are two Spanish groups (Atlético and Barça) in competition. Each golf equipment anticipate a immediate response from UEFA so as to resolve the season within the continental event, the place there are 13 matches, with six double-game qualifiers (quarterfinals and semifinals) and the grand ultimate, which was scheduled to happen at Viola Park in Vienna (Austria).With the duels pending apart, UEFA faces one other massive drawback: the totally different eventualities that the individuals of this Champions have. On the one hand, there are 4 groups whose Leagues have been suspended. It’s the case of the First Iberdrola, with Barça and Atlético, and the French league, with PSG and reigning European champion Olympique de Lyon. These golf equipment have been with out coaching since mid-March and nonetheless don’t have any sanitary protocol to return to work.last_img read more