Lucifer will end but the devil could return for spinoff producer says

first_img Tags Fans responded with thanks to the cast and Netflix for the show’s run. Modrovich tweeted to one fan that a spinoff series or a movie isn’t off the table. Lauren German and Tom Ellis, the show’s leads, had posted on Instagram last month about the show’s fifth and final season. Later the stars tweeted their thanks to the fans for their support of the show. The show followed Lucifer Morningstar (played by Ellis), who deserted hell for Earth and opened a swanky nightclub called Lux in Los Angeles. Lucifer eventually starts solving crimes with LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer (played by German), who he harbors complicated feelings for. The show is loosely based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg for the popular “Lucifer” comic series. Originally published July 1.Update, July 2: Adds fan reactions to Lucifer’s cancellation. 2:28 A message of love for our #Lucifans 🥰😈❤️ from me… @Henderson_Joe all the #Lucifer writers and our beautiful cast… @tomellis17 @LaurenGerman @LesleyAnnBrandt @RachaelEHarris @kevinmalejandro @dbwofficial @Aimee_Garcia and @ScarMestevez pic.twitter.com/8aXb6yfJ7c— Ildy Modrovich (@Ildymojo) June 26, 2019 What’s new to stream in June 2019 Lucifer is causing trouble in LA for possibly the last time.  Fox Lucifer, the devilish TV series that was pulled back from the brink of death by Netflix last June, will end after its fifth season. Ildy Modrovich, the show’s executive producer, confirmed the news on Twitter and urged fans to accept it. “We spoke to our partners at Netflix and Warner Bros. and you should know that tremendous care and consideration was put into making this decision,” Modrovich said last week in the tweet. Modrovich asked fans not to campaign for the show’s rescue, as they did last year after it was dropped by Fox.  0center_img Now playing: Watch this: Netflix TV and Movies Culture Home Entertainment Mobile Apps Mobile Share your voice Post a commentlast_img read more

Iran fires missiles into Syria over parade attack

first_imgMap Syria. Photo: CollectedIran’s Revolutionary Guards said Monday they had launched a missile attack against a “terrorist” headquarters in Syria in retaliation for a September attack on the Iranian city of Ahvaz.“The headquarters of those responsible for the terrorist crime in Ahvaz was attacked a few minutes ago east of the Euphrates by several ballistic missiles fired by the aerospace branch of the Guardians of the Revolution,” the Guards said on their official website.“Based on preliminary reports, many takfiri terrorists and the leaders responsible for the terrorist crime in Ahvaz have been killed or wounded in this missile attack,” the Guards added.The term “takfiri”, derived from the Arabic word for anathema, is used by the Iranian authorities to refer to Sunni jihadists.The Guards did not say where the missiles were launched from.According to Iran’s Fars news agency, the Guards fired Zolfaghar and Qiam missiles, with a range of 750 kilometres and 800 kilometres (465 and 500 miles), respectively.On 22 September, 24 people were shot dead in an attack at a military parade in Ahvaz in southwest Iran. The Islamic State group, which Iran and its Damascus allies are fighting in Syria, has claimed responsibility for the attack.Iranian president Hassan Rouhani had vowed a “crushing” response in retaliation.last_img read more

Cell Phone Providers Gear Up For Super Bowl In Houston

first_img To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: 00:00 /01:07 – / 4You may have had that experience: You’re at an event with thousands of people and want to tweet or snapchat that selfie proving you’re there.But, everybody else is doing the same, overwhelming the network.To beef up capacity, some network providers – including Sprint, Verizon and AT&T – are adding temporary cell towers at select locations near Super Bowl-related events.One of AT&T’s six truck-mounted towers is near Midtown Park, where ESPN will broadcast from.“We worked with the NFL and the (Super Bowl) host committee to find areas that they’re going to be an issue – where they’re going to hold an event and they’re expecting so many people there, then we have to increase our capacity,” said Frank Jackowski, area manager for AT&T.While the cell towers are temporary, some of the improvements to cell phone reception in Houston will be permanent.“All the work that we’ve done at the Reliant, or NRG (Stadium), will stay there,” Jackowski said. “Then everything that we’ve done at a couple of the host hotels.”AT&T spent $40 million on the upgrades, $35 million of which was for permanent improvements.We also reached out to T-Mobile to learn if that company is upgrading its network during the Super Bowl but did not hear back by deadline. Share Listen Xlast_img read more