Real Madrid’s goalkeeping stocks have taken another ill-timed hit with Keylor Navas confirmed to have sustained an adductor injury.The Costa Rica international played a full 90 minutes in the Copa del Rey defeat to Leganes but is now set to miss this weekend’s crunch LaLiga clash against third-placed Sevilla, with whom Madrid are level on points.His absence will likely force Santiago Solari to gamble on the fitness of Thibaut Courtois, who has only just returned to training after missing three matches because of a hip problem. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Madrid allowed third-choice stopper Kiko Casilla to join Leeds United earlier this week, meaning the inexperienced Luca Zidane should retain his place in the matchday squad on Saturday. @SevillaFC_ENG are the visitors to the Bernabéu on Saturday. How many of these goals against the Andalusian club do YOU remember? #RMHistory pic.twitter.com/E7o8nwr8rf— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) January 18, 2019The club did not set a timescale on Navas’ recovery.A statement from the European champions read: “Following the tests carried out on our player Keylor Navas by the Real Madrid medical department, he has been diagnosed with an injury to his right adductor longus muscle.”His recovery will continue to be assessed.”Toni Kroos, Gareth Bale, Marco Asensio and Marcos Llorente are among the first-team players already on Madrid’s lengthy injury list.The club currently trail league-leaders Barcelona by 15 as Real Madrid returned to their winning ways against Real Betis last time out ofter collecting one point from their prior two matches.
CHASE — A First Nations band in British Columbia has issued an eviction notice to the company that owns the Mount Polley tailings pond, which spilled millions of cubic metres of waste in the Cariboo region.The Neskonlith are urging Imperial Metals Corp. to leave their land, which is in the Thompson Okanagan region, about 48 kilometres east of Kamloops near the village of Chase.Imperial Metals is surveying a 211-square-kilometre area for zinc and lead for a project called the Ruddock Creek mine, which is unrelated to the Mount Polley mine.The band issued a statement saying the group will not permit any mining development that would contaminate water or destroy salmon habitat, as elders do not want the area poisoned.The band says it opposes the Ruddock Creek Mine because Imperial Metals failed to protect First Nations land when the Mount Polley tailings pond breached.The Neskonlith was not directly affected by the Mount Polley breach, but it is one of 17 bands that form the Secwepemc (She-whep-m) First Nation, some of which were affected by the accident.Imperial Metals did not immediately respond to requests for comment.Earlier this week, the company said it doesn’t see any sign that the accident will delay the startup of another mine it’s developing in the province.Imperial plans to start operations this year at its $570 million Red Chris mine in the province which, like Mount Polley, will produce copper and gold and place waste in a pond at the site. The accident at Mount Polley, which is about 400 kilometers (250 miles) northeast of Vancouver, may delay Red Chris by a year, Raymond Goldie, a Toronto-based analyst at Salman Partners Inc., said Aug. 5.“It’s going to be human nature for people to think like that,” Steve Robertson, Imperial’s vice president of corporate affairs, said in an Aug. 9 interview at Mount Polley. “We haven’t received any indication from the government that there will be any change to our ability to go ahead and commission Red Chris.”